Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted, by May via e-mail to schedule a date to speak with one of the Museum’s Internship Coordinators. Interviews may be conducted in person for those in close proximity to the Museum or over the phone or Skype for applicants outside the Philadelphia area. We let all candidates know the final status of their applications about six weeks after the application deadline.
The Museum of the American Revolution offers internships for undergraduate and graduate students who are seeking job experience and continued education. Applications are welcome from applicants who:
- are currently-enrolled junior or senior level undergraduate students, graduate students, or have graduated within 2018;
- have maintained at least a 3.0 grade point average.
Please note that internships are not available in every area each semester. Internship programs vary each semester on an as-needed basis. For more information on future internships, please check our website closer to the semester you wish to apply for to see which programs will be offered.
Summer 2019 Internships
Please check back in February to see what internship programs will be offered for the Summer internship semester. The Summer internship semester will begin on May 20th and end on August 9th. If you have any questions, please direct them to email@example.com.
How to Apply
- Please submit a cover letter, resume, and your academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application deadline: March 29 at 11:59PM
- Only applications with all required documents submitted by the deadline will be considered.
- Additional documents, such as writing samples, may be requested during the interviewing process for select programs.
- Stipend (paid at the completion of a successful internship)
- Free admission to the Museum
- Discounts at the Museum store and café
- Training opportunities
What you can expect from a Museum of the American Revolution Internship:
- Work with experts in their field
- Engage in meaningful work
- Gain valuable job experience
- Opportunity to apply studies into real life
Criminal Background Clearances
All applicants must be willing to complete the required background checks as listed below. The Museum covers all fees pertaining to background checks.
- Pennsylvania Criminal Record Clearance
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- Federal Criminal History Clearance (requiring fingerprints)
Frequently Asked Questions
How and when will I know whether I’ve been selected for an interview?
Do I need to submit official transcripts?
No; the Museum accepts both official and unofficial transcripts.
Can I mail you my application materials?
Applications must be submitted via email by the application deadline.
What are the eligibility requirements for the Museum’s Internship Program?
The Museum accepts applications from undergraduates who have completed at least their sophomore year prior to the start of the internship as well as from students currently enrolled in a graduate program. The Museum also accepts recent graduates, provided they have graduated within the same calendar year as the Internship Program. All students must maintain or have maintained a grade point average of at least a 3.0.
Are there any specific requirements?
Depending on the department the internship is with, there are varying requirements including number of hours, specific skills, and educational qualifications such as having completed a certain number of years or credits. Please see the job description of your program of interest for more information.
If I am selected, may I receive course credit for my participation?
Yes, interns can receive course credit so long as they make arrangements with their respective colleges and universities.
Will I receive notification on whether my application materials have been received?
Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt via email once you have accurately submitted the online application and uploaded your material.
Is housing or transportation available for interns?
No; interns are responsible for making their own housing and transportation arrangements.
Will I be able to work at the Museum after an internship?
Employment at the Museum is not guaranteed to interns following the completion of their internship program. Interns are welcome to apply to be considered for any available positions.