Reporting initially to the Museum of the American Revolution’s Chief Operating Officer, the Digital Product Manager manages all public-facing digital platforms, including websites, apps, digital signage, and in-gallery software. This position is responsible for overseeing the information architecture, development, and ongoing maintenance of these projects and platforms. The Digital Product Manager will be responsible for collaborating with both internal stakeholders and external partners in order to keep the content and platform up to date and ensure the experiences support the museum’s mission and revenue goals.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing, managing, and tracking successful websites, apps, and other digital experiences. Candidates must be able to demonstrate effective communication, collaboration, and project management skills as well as the ability to troubleshoot issues around content publishing and data gathering.
- Maintain consistent, strong and open communications with key internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate with the Museum’s cross-departmental Digital Strategy Implementation Team
- Align with other departments including curatorial, marketing and education staff, in the development and publishing of digital content
- Oversee the work of professional staff, technical experts, consultants, and contractors to develop and maintain the Museum’s digital products
- Prepare site maps and wireframes or review the work of outside consultants
- Collaborate with colleagues in IT to ensure the necessary infrastructure is in place to meet the needs of the digital program
- Develop and oversee content publishing workflows to the website, including troubleshooting technical issues
- Maintain and manage a prioritized list of enhancements and bug fixes for ongoing site improvements
- Manage key project initiatives, such as site redesigns, CMS upgrades, and feature additions
- Measure and track results based on defined goals and KPIs, including web analytics and SEO tracking
- Create revenue and visitor reports using Galaxy Gateway and JCA (integration product)
- Read, monitor, and report on in-gallery usage reports
- Identify and troubleshoot website and online ticketing issues, engaging additional expertise when needed
- Ensure a focus on user-friendly and audience-focused experiences
- Establish budgets and monitor expenditures
- Assist in the development of grants and sponsorships soliciting support for digital initiatives as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned.
Related undergraduate or postgraduate degree, or equivalent experience in Museum administration, ecommerce or marketing.
- Experienced at managing and maintaining digital products, including websites and apps
- A problem-solver, technically adept and able to troubleshoot and fix issues around website publishing and information flow—or to identify when additional expertise is required
- Experienced with current web development practice and agile project management
- Experienced mapping site architecture and creating UX wireframes
- Capable of wearing many hats as required on a small team
- A motivated self-starter able to collaborate with others
- Detail-oriented and able to project manage both longer term initiatives and shorter term updates
- Able to communicate clearly about technology to non-technical colleagues
- Experienced tracking and reporting on the outcome of digital projects and making data-informed decisions
- Experienced with online ticketing, POS, and membership systems, ideally with particular experience using Galaxy Gateway and Blackbaud Luminate
- Experienced working with a web CMS, including gathering, uploading and publishing text, image, and video content
- Ideally experienced managing, working with, and troubleshooting a Drupal-based CMS
- Knowledgeable about web development fundamentals, proficient in HTML, CSS, PHP
Applying for the Job
The Museum of the American Revolution (www.AmRevMuseum.org) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter including a resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please note – in order for you to be considered for this position we will need a cover letter, resume and three professional references. Unfortunately, applicants that do not include these items will not be considered for the position. The Museum will contact you if an interview is considered appropriate.