The Executive Assistant directly supports the President/CEO of the Museum of the American Revolution. This position handles a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks, working closely with the President/CEO while carrying out assignments independently. Interacts with all levels of management, staff, volunteers and members of the Board.
The Museum of the American Revolution uncovers and shares compelling stories about the diverse people and complex events that sparked America’s ongoing experiment in equality and self-government. The Museum, a private, non-profit educational organization, opened to the public in April 2017 and has since welcomed nearly three-quarters of a million guests. The Museum is poised to play a key leadership role in the approaching 250th anniversary of the nation’s founding in 2026.
- Ensures timely and accurate follow-up responses to and from the Pres/CEO’s office.
- Manages Pres/CEO’s calendar, including coordinating meeting schedules, calls, and prioritizing appointments.
- Produces correspondence and reports by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Handles logistics associated with meetings and events for Board of Directors including preparing Board notebooks, arranging for meals, handling RSVPs and communication with Board members related to the meeting, and preparation of meeting minutes.
- Reads, screens, researches, and routes or responds to correspondence; collects and analyzes information to determine those that require priority attention.
- Conserves executive's time by screening and prioritizing communications and inquiries from external and internal sources.
- Prepares detailed itineraries for travel, agendas, and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Assists with and provides research and background information, content development, and creation of presentations and coordinates meetings.
- Builds appropriate rapport and demonstrates a high degree of courtesy, efficiency, and professionalism when interacting with individuals inside and outside of the organization.
- Welcomes guests of the Pres/CEO by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems and secure information by completing data base backups.
- Utilizes Raiser’s Edge to make note of discussions, meetings, correspondence relevant to fundraising efforts and membership cultivation.
- Maintains constituent confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Completes expense reports and credit card reconciliation reports monthly
- Provides support to Pres/CEO by drafting e-mails and correspondence, scheduling and coordinating board meetings, sending email correspondence and monthly bullets, taking meeting minutes and publishing and distributing results.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge:
- 3-5 years of experience in senior administration position.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to confidentiality.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Flexible, detail-oriented team player able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as guests and vendors.
- Must function efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Proactive, resourceful and efficient with a high level of professionalism.
- Enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced work environment.
Bachelor’s degree required.
The Museum of the American Revolution (www.AmRevMuseum.org) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com
**Please note – in order for you to be considered for this position we will need a cover letter, resume and three professional references. Unfortunately, applicants that do not include these items will not be considered for the position. The Museum will contact you if an interview is considered appropriate.