The Human Resources Coordinator will provide assistance with all HR practices, policies and programs in the Human Resources department. Responsible for recruitment and onboarding efforts throughout the museum. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resource Coordinator will provide administrative support including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry as well as support in employee relations through HR events and communication. The HR Coordinator will be a passionate HR professional who thrives on tackling multiple projects, deadlines and priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Administer/manage recruitment efforts and onboarding process of employees to include writing and placing advertisements, working with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; conducts new-employee orientations etc.
- Support new hire orientation, including creation of employee emails and managing new hire documents.
- Maintain recruitment related reports such as job openings list, applicant tracking, new hire log and turnover reports.
- Maintains department records, reports and photos. Maintains organizational charts, employee directory, and department manual.
- Responsible for employee communication that includes employee bulletin boards, employee newsletter, and a new employee intranet
- Responsible for organizing HR events and activities including execution, participation and promotion.
- Process workers’ compensation claims.
- Maintain/update all HR forms, policies, employee files and employee handbook.
- Maintain/manage HRIS and generate employee reports through ADP Workforce Now.
- Assist with benefits administration, answer inquiries and ensure that benefits are properly administered.
- Oversee internship program including recruiting, onboarding, creating and implementing internship events and exit interviews.
- Administer employee surveys including the annual all staff survey.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field. PHR preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in HR generalist capacity
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a confidential environment
- Experience working in a non-profit preferred
- Self-starter with high level of organizational skills, the ability to independently organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of Museum staff in advisory and observational manner
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office Suite. Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred.
- Working knowledge of efficient office systems and procedures
The Museum of the American Revolution (www.AmRevMuseun.org) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org